AirFi is a market leader in providing portable Onboard Passenger Entertainment and Mobile Crew Sales Solutions to various passenger travel segments. Headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands – AirFi is the world’s fastest-growing company in mobile InFlight Entertainment space and in providing ancillary sales solutions to enterprise customers.
AirFi brings disruptive innovations in a cost-effective manner to the airline cabin and other modes of passenger transport mediums and is making thousands of passengers and crew happy every day all over the globe!
What will you be doing
- Responsible for ideating, designing, developing, and supporting the AirFi web apps for different modes of passenger transport including major airlines across the world.
- Implement Web design principles to ensure client’s Web apps are performant, accessible, and provide the ideal user experience on devices of various sizes.
- Manage your components independently, including but not limited to: gather requirements; communicate design decisions to cross-functional teams including data science, engineering, analytics, and operations; proactively seek user feedback.
- You will help AirFi to quickly iterate and scale web app development to different segments of customers with standard processes, automation, monitoring, and rapid quality assurance.
- Proactively monitor the web apps space for continuous improvements and optimizations, looking for new opportunities and challenges.
What we look for
- Passion for Software Development and well-versed in industry trends such as Progressive Web Applications, Responsive Design, Mobile-First Approach and REST based API’s
- Exposure to product development, self-driven, highly motivated and you must be independent in managing on your own components or features
- You must be extremely collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally with other engineers, designers, and stakeholders
- You must be able to ask the right questions, make wise choices and take smart risks when dealing with ambiguous requirements
- You must possess an affinity for metrics and analytics – You must be proactive and must move fast or pivot to meet the changing needs of the product
- Curiosity and awareness about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
- You are a problem solver and can use everything from front end to command-line tools to help you identify and fix issues
- You should be diligent, thoughtful, have an eye for detail and have great oral and written communication skills
- You care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code and have a passion to suck every bit of performance of the code
Must have technical skills
- Experience in MEAN stack, ReactJS, etc – 2+ years
- Experience on building RESTful services and MVC patterns – 2+ years
You get bonus points for
- Responsive web-frameworks (e.g. Foundation, Bootstrap)
- Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration
- Linux skills (we run on embedded Linux)
- Expertise HTML5, CSS, Cloudant, AWS, etc.
- Exposure to Video streaming, Payments, video transcoding
- Affinity with airlines, the most exciting industry in the world (travel may be required at some point) and have an affinity for metrics and analytics.
What you can expect
AirFi has a unique culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. We promise to provide opportunities that not only satisfy your creative instincts but also let you make a significant impact on the products that we create and ultimately the business we are in. We also encourage a work culture where – no idea is a bad idea and the team can shout it out to be heard! AirFi benefits include flexible work timing, work from home, open-door policy, healthy breakfast, snacks & fruits, regular engagement activities with occasional beers are also some of the things that makes AirFi an interesting place to work!
Do you consider yourself to be the perfect candidate, please don’t hesitate to send you resume and/or your LinkedIn profile together with your motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org