- You will help AirFi to quickly iterate and scale mobile app development to different segments of customers with standard processes, automation, monitoring, and rapid quality assurance.
- You will be focused on developing and delivering high-quality enterprise solutions, ensuring the delivery of high-end experiences to our customers.
- Continuously monitor the mobile app space for continuous improvements and optimizations, looking for new opportunities and challenges.
- Be the domain expert, lead by example and setting a high development standard
What we look for
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Android Application development.
- Good understanding of Object-oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of Java/Kotlin, Android Lifecycle, Android SDK, Gradle Knowledge, Unit Testing
- Experience on using RESTful services using Retrofit, MVP Architectural style programming
- Good understanding of Thread Life Cycle, JVM Internals, Performance
- Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver on major releases.
- Exercised exemplary development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, and code reviews. Willingness to “go the extra mile” when needed.
You get bonus points for
- You care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code. You have a passion to suck every bit of performance of the code and have a hacker mentality
- Exposure to NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB), node.js and domains like offline Payments, Retail POS, RxJava is a plus
- Affinity with airlines, the most exciting industry in the world (travel may be required at some point) and have an affinity for metrics and analytics
- Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration
Affinity with onboard catering processes and/or proven understanding of catering processes
What you can expect
AirFi is a market leader in providing portable Onboard Passenger Entertainment and Mobile Crew Sales Solutions to various passenger travel segments. Headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands – AirFi is the world’s fastest-growing company in mobile InFlight Entertainment space and in providing ancillary sales solutions to enterprise customers. AirFi brings disruptive innovations in a cost-effective manner to the airline cabin and other modes of passenger transport mediums and is making thousands of passengers and crew happy every day all over the globe!
We promise to provide opportunities that not only satisfy your creative instincts but also let you make a significant impact on the products that we create and ultimately the business we are in. We provide a great platform to take up multiple roles based on individual interests or skills and collaborate with different global teams. We boast of a professional, fun work environment with a flat hierarchy and super supportive people to work with. We also encourage a work culture where – no idea is a bad idea and the team can shout it out to be heard! Flexible work timing, work from home, open-door policy, healthy breakfast, snacks & fruits is on us, regular events like jam sessions or other engagement activities on Fridays with occasional beers are also some of the things that makes AirFi an interesting place to work!
Do you consider yourself to be the perfect candidate, please don’t hesitate to send you resume and/or your LinkedIn profile together with your motivational letter to email@example.com