AirFi is a market leader in providing portable Onboard Passenger Entertainment and Mobile Crew Sales Solutions to various passenger travel segments. Headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands – AirFi is the world’s fastest-growing company in mobile InFlight Entertainment space and in providing ancillary sales solutions to enterprise customers.
AirFi brings disruptive innovations in a cost-effective manner to the airline cabin and other modes of passenger transport mediums and is making thousands of passengers and crew happy every day all over the globe!
Your key responsibilities
- You will be working at the core of AirFi’s enterprise solution – ideating, developing, maintaining mission-critical systems using different technologies
- You will be developing interconnected applications that are running on Core Java, Spring Spring Boot, consuming data present in relational as well as NoSQL databases.
- You will manage your components independently, including but not limited to: gather requirements; communicate design decisions to cross-functional teams including data science, engineering, analytics, and operations; proactively seek user feedback.
- Proactively monitor the production environment and also look for continuous improvements and optimisations, open to accept new opportunities and challenges
What we look for
- Exposure to product development, self-driven, highly motivated and you must be independent in managing on your own components or featuresFollow and engage with Us!
- You must be extremely collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally with other engineers, designers, and stakeholders
- You must be able to ask the right questions, make wise choices and take smart risks when dealing with ambiguous requirements
- You must possess an affinity for metrics and analytics – You must be proactive and must move fast or pivot to meet the changing needs of the product
- Curiosity and awareness about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
- You are a problem solver and can use everything from front end to command line tools to help you identify and fix issues
- You should be diligent, thoughtful, have an eye for detail and have great oral and written communication skills
- You care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code and have a passion to suck every bit of performance of the code
Must have technical skills
- Proficiency in Core Java with an experience of 5-8 years
- Proficiency in Spring, Spring Boot
- Experience in developing applications that use queues like SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc
- Experience with AWS services like S3, EC2, etc
- Proficiency in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience in NoSQL (CouchDB, Cloudant, MongoDB) datastores
- Experience on building (secure) RESTful services and MVC patterns
You get bonus points for
- Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration
- Experience with Spring Data or Hibernate is a plus
- Experience with caching tools like EHCache, Redis
- Apache Camel
- Spring Batch, Spring Security
- Experience with Heroku, IBM Bluemix
What you can expect
AirFi has a unique culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. We promise to provide opportunities that not only satisfy your creative instincts but also let you make a significant impact on the products that we create and ultimately the business we are in. We also encourage a work culture where – no idea is a bad idea and the team can shout it out to be heard! AirFi benefits include flexible work timing, work from home, open-door policy, healthy breakfast, snacks & fruits, regular engagement activities with occasional beers are also some of the things that makes AirFi an interesting place to work!
Do you consider yourself to be the perfect candidate, please don’t hesitate to send you resume and/or your LinkedIn profile together with your motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org