What will you be doing?
You will lead embedded software design and development (as well as being an active contributor) for custom firmware. Be a part of a market leader agile team to develop, define and design world class niche- product for airline and other passenger industry Mobile Entertainment experience, the AirFi Box.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Single point contact for all key decisions related to firmware or OS stack (Linux)
- Embedded software engineering – STM32
- Involved in decisions, including suggestions for next generation of product line up and their configurations with our hardware consultants and design companies
- Prototype, evaluate and recommend the most suitable architecture and configuration for a battery powered WLAN device.
- Perform power and performance measurements and optimizations for the platform
- Responsible for driving WLAN performance optimizations
- Provide guidance on all the relevant technologies and get involved in cutting-edge optimizations on power, performance, network throttling, etc.
- Responsible for scaling, performance & cost optimization of the product
- Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, review all critical functionality & test code.
What do we look for?
- Linux device drivers and bootloaders
- Strong Knowledge of Buildroot and other Linux kernel builds (OpenWRT)
- Experience with technologies related WLAN/Wireless/AP modules
- Experience on system performance and power measurements and optimization
- C/C++ multi-threaded, multi-process applications
- Understanding of hardware architectures (ARM, x86), support for containers (Docker)
- Understanding of systematic problem solving and excellent debugging skills
- Experience interacting with customers (external or internal) and suppliers is a big plus
- Experience working with Iridium and satellite communication technology is a big plus
- Experience working with the open source community is a big plus
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and remote environment (base location is Den Haag, Netherlands).
What you can expect :
AirFi is a market leader in providing portable Onboard Passenger Entertainment and Mobile Crew Sales Solutions to various passenger travel segments. Headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands – AirFi is the world’s fastest-growing company in the mobile InFlight Entertainment space and in providing ancillary sales solutions to enterprise customers.
AirFi brings disruptive innovations in a cost-effective manner to the airline cabin and other modes of passenger transport mediums and is making thousands of passengers and crew happy every day all over the globe!
AirFi has a unique culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. We promise to provide opportunities that not only satisfy your creative instincts but also let you make a significant impact on the products that we create and ultimately the business we are in. We also encourage a work culture where – no idea is a bad idea and the team can shout it out to be heard!
AirFi benefits include flexible work timing, work from home, open-door policy, healthy breakfast, snacks & fruits, regular engagement activities with occasional beers are also some of the things that makes AirFi an interesting place to work!work!
Do you consider yourself to be the perfect candidate, please don’t hesitate to send you resume along with your LinkedIn profile together with your motivational letter to email@example.com
Location: Den Haag, Netherlands
Follow and engage with Us!